Tuesday, April 26, 2011

27-Fling Boogie

This week is the third week of work, and it's been as expected: busy, intense and fun. I try to keep the stress from my personal life at bay and focus on the task at hand. At present my immune system is at battle with the second (or is this the third?) allergy attack.

My room is also a mess but I just used a Cici Case technique: the 27-Fling Boogie. Sometime during my childhood she began making the entire family participate in the boogie. In the rush of the early morning, she'd shout, "ONE!" and toss a used napkin in the garbage. 

Putting two breakfast bowls and spoons into the dishwasher, Katie would reply, "TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE!" 

Justin would fold the throw blanket over the back of the sofa, "SIX!" 

"SEVEN, EIGHT!" I shout from the bathroom as I tied the trash bag and put the toothpaste away. 

This would continue until we reached 27 and our boogie would be boogied. With the excitement of a new job and the stresses of daily life, I wanted to share this little tool with you in hopes that my mom can help you smile while you simplify. I just did the 27-fling boogie, and although my room is still pretty messy, it's a start.

1 comment:

  1. I may need to fling like 87 for this condo...come fling boodie!

    ReplyDelete